Home » Uncategorized » Tips for buying a boat

Tips for buying a boat

Has it been your dream to be a boat owner? If yes, then you definitely should read this article. Buying a boat can mean a whole lot for you and your family. But it can be a real challenge to get a boat that will be able to suit the needs of you and your family. If you settle for just any boat or the first boat that catches your eyes, chances are you are going to regret your decision in the long run.

Of course, you don’t want to spend a small fortune to buy a boat; you probably are looking for something that is not too expensive. In this article, we are going to be looking at some tips that will guide you when purchasing your first boat.

The 30: 70 rule

If you are able to understand this rule, you will be able to calculate the depreciation rate of the boat you plan to buy. Boat builders make 30 % of a boat and purchase the remaining 70% from other sources.

Don’t let fancy equipment and a nice paint job fool you

Most of the time, you are not going to replace the equipment in the boat you are about to purchase. When buying your boat you should not let the cosmetic touch-up fool you. One thing you need to have in mind is that these things are not going to make the boat you are about to purchase sail any faster. You focus should be on how many miles the boat you want to purchase has sailed. If it has a lot of miles on it, it might be a good idea to look for another one which has a sailed for fewer miles.

Size of the boat

Of course, it is wonderful to have large spaces and special areas where you can relax in your boat. A large boat has been likened by many to a double edge sword. The obvious reason for this is because a large boat is very difficult to maintain. But of courses, if you have a large family and would like everyone to be comfortable all the time, it would be a good idea to purchases a large boat.


It is also very important to give preference to how much the boat of your dreams is going to cost you. You see, you don’t really have to buy a very expensive boat in order to have fun. A fairly used boat can also satisfy your needs.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *